Laying a tiled terrace on pedestal
To have a solid and durable slab or tile terrace, laying on pedestals must follow a few simple steps. Easy and quick to install, the pedestal method does not require any special skills. Plot-discount.com gives you all the steps to succeed in laying your terrace perfectly in one afternoon!
Preparing the substrate for laying a tiled terrace
Installation on concrete paving, existing terrace
If you want to build your terrace with pavings or tiles on a concrete paving, the only check to be made is as follows: ensure that the heights available at the thresholds are at least 3 cm.
Laying on rough ground
After checking the area to ensure that it is clean and stable, it will be necessary to follow a few simple steps before you can install your terrace pedestals.
After making a clearance of about 15 cm, place a geotextile to prevent the growth of weeds under your terrace.
Create a layer of gravel to fill your disbursement; and compact until a flat, loose soil is obtained.
Laying a paving terrace on pedestal
1. Place the pedestals and adjust their height
- Place the pedestals on your surface, respecting their spacing depending on the type of installation desired.
- Adjust the height by turning the nut by hand. This can be changed down to the millimetre.
HOW MANY PEDESTALS PER PAVING?
- "Classic" installation: 1 pedestal per corner (4 pedestals/paving)
- "Reinforced" installation: 1 plot per English + 1 or 2 additional pedestals in the center (5 or 6 pedestals/paving)
2. Install the tile covering
Lay the pavings in tiling, grating against the spacers of the pedestals:
Create invisible finishes for a paving terrace
Several finishes are possible by combining the side trim support and the paving plate.
Several steps to follow:
- Position the cladding support on the base of the pedestal and clip the paving plate on the head of the pedestal
- Apply dots of glue to the intended location on the cladding support and on the slab plate
- Slide the side paving vertically into the slot provided by pressing on the glue dots previously applied
- To maintain the paving in the upper part, you just need to put glue on the glue traps located on the edge of the paving plate.
Other configurations are possible with a paving plate and a trim support: