CLEMAN pedestal for paving or tile terrace adjustable from 28 to 40 mm - Jouplast
Jouplast's Cleman adjustable pedestal is a support that can be adjusted to the nearest millimeter between 28 and 40 mm. This terrace pedestal allows the creation of terraces with outdoor tiles, porcelain stoneware, concrete pavings or wooden gratings. The main feature of the Cleman pedestal is that it allows height adjustment via the head of the pedestal, thus allowing easy post-installation adjustment. But that's not all ! Lateral cladding and corner installation are also made easier! Premium, this paving terrace pedestal is a must.
The advantages of the Cleman 28/40 mm paving terrace pedestal/Jouplast
- Optimized side covering: 2 supports integrated into the flange
- Easy corner installation: square flange shape
- Acoustic eraser included
- 4 spacers 4 mm thick, breakable to facilitate installation
- Optimized stability: all the elements are interdependent
- A range of dedicated accessories: riser, end cap and adjustment key
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Resistance to crushing test with load greater than 1 ton
Advice for laying a tiled terrace on CLEMAN pedestals
- The installation of a terrace on Cleman pedestals is exclusively intended for pedestrian and outdoor use.
- The Cleman pedestal can only be used on stabilized ground or on an existing concrete paving.
- Regardless of the support, it is necessary to provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter in order to promote the evacuation of rainwater;
- Use self-supporting slabs, class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+
The steps for laying a paving terrace on an adjustable pedestal Cleman
1/ Prepare the ground
Compatible with self-supporting slabs of classes T7, T11 or F+, the Cleman pedestal must be installed on previously stabilized ground in order to guarantee your safety and extend the life of the terrace. Indeed, unprepared soil can change over time and cause your paving terrace on pedestals to move. To stabilize the ground, it is necessary to prepare it.
Here is the necessary for this preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
Installation is simple and inexpensive:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a layer of draining gravel. Opt for a crushed gravel type 30/60 or 40/80. If the surface has some defects, make a bedding of quarry sand or type 0/4 crushed sand. This will facilitate the installation of your Cleman 28/40 mm pedestals;
- Compact everything and make sure the ground is flat.
Of course, if you are installing your terrace on an old terrace or on a concrete screed, for example, place your Cleman pedestals directly on the ground and forget about this surface preparation.
2/ Lay the Cleman pedestals and the exterior paving tiles
The Cleman adjustable pedestal is really practical. Indeed, its different technical characteristics optimize the laying of your outdoor paving terrace. Here's how:
- Take your previously drawn up layout plan to lay your Cleman pedestals so that your slabs do not overlap. It takes 4 pedestals per slab for dimensions up to 60 x 60 cm. Beyond that, provide one or two central studs;
- Once the ground has been prepared, it is time to lay the first tiled terrace pedestal on the ground. Adjust the height of the pedestals using the blue adjustment nut located under the head of the pedestals, you can adjust the height to the nearest millimeter with the Cleman adjustment key if necessary. This adjustment key is ideal for post-installation height adjustment;
- Check the flatness of the structure using a spirit level. This step is crucial to have a durable and secure paving on pedestal laying;
- Finally, lay the tiles on the pedestals. The 4 spacers of 4 mm (separable) make it easier to install while firmly wedging the terrace slab on the pedestal for optimal support. The weight of the slab on pedestal keeps the pedestal in place without moving a single millimeter. You will notice it very quickly, the installation is greatly facilitated since the Cleman slab terrace pedestals have a square base, ideal for installation at an angle or against a wall. In addition, two trim supports and glue traps keep the skirting boards vertical for a flawless aesthetic finish.
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on pedestal Cleman Jouplast
The Cleman adjustable pedestal being a premium pedestal, it is equipped with all the essential accessories: side trim included, acoustic rubber included... Only installation accessories are necessary.
- The Cleman 60 mm extension allowing you to increase the height of your Cleman pedestal without changing it. Up to 4 risers can be stacked per Cleman pedestal;
- The Cleman adjustment key slipping between the slabs of your terrace to adjust the height of the pedestals after installation without having to disassemble anything;
- The Cleman pedestal adjustment end fitting on the chuck of an electric screwdriver and allowing the height adjustment of the Cleman pedestals.
- Technical characteristics
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Dimensions: 192 x 192mm
- Head diameter: 138 mm
- Adjustable height: 28 to 40 mm
- Adjustment via the blue nut and adjustment from above with the Cleman wrench
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
Adjustable paving terrace pedestal H28/40 mm - CLEMAN range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -40°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Adjustable height||28 to 40 mm|
|Standard||Compatible with waterproofing system (compliant with DTU 43.1) - CE certification|
|Country of Origin||UE|
|Spacer thickness||4 mm|
|Acoustic damper included||Yes|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
David S. published the 23/10/2023 following an order made on 08/10/2023
Tout à fait ce qu il me fallait. Conforme à la description
Laurent M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 08/08/2022
Super facile à poser
Sandrine T. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 22/07/2022
Très bon produit
Marc G. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 12/07/2022
Top qualité. Rassurant pour une pose de qualité.
ERICK E. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 04/07/2022
Anonymous customer published the 27/05/2022 following an order made on 16/04/2022
Bon rapport qualité prix.
Anonymous customer published the 13/04/2022 following an order made on 01/04/2022
Bonne qualité de plots, le réglage se fait facilement et la produit est costaud ! Top!
Anonymous customer published the 20/03/2022 following an order made on 07/03/2022