Product successfully added to your shopping cart
Items : 0 Items : 1
Pedestal for tiled terrace adjustable from 40 to 60 mm - Jouplast
The 40/60 mm paving terrace pedestal is a height-adjustable pedestal to the nearest millimeter. It serves as a foundation for terraces made of concrete pavings, porcelain stoneware, outdoor tiles and gratings. This pedestal for terrace is compatible with coatings equal to or greater than 2 cm thick. Installation is quick and easy and requires no seals or glue. At a lower cost, the paving terrace pedestal is extremely solid which allows a reliable and secure structure for years.
The advantages of the Jouplast 40/60 mm paving terrace pedestal
- Speed and ease of installation
- Installation without fixing or joint
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the blue nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 43.1
Tips for laying a tiled terrace on pedestals
It all starts with meticulous site preparation. This essential step reinforces the durability and solidity of your construction. If you have a concrete screed or an old terrace, you don’t need the latter.
- Provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter to promote the evacuation of rainwater, regardless of the support;
- It is mandatory to use self-supporting pavings, of class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+;
- Jouplast paving pedestals are designed for pedestrian use only
Steps for laying a terrace on a tiled pedestal
1/ Preparing the ground
On a concrete ground or an old terrace structure, it is enough simply to clean the surface and check the flatness of the ground with a spirit level. On grass, earth or gravel ground, it will be necessary to carry out a quick preparation. The main reason for this? To guarantee the durability of your tiled terrace on pedestals over time. Unprepared ground can evolve and move depending on the weight and climatic conditions. To avoid this, prepare the ground!
Here is what is required for the preparation of the ground:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
- Crushed gravel
4 steps are enough to prepare your land to accommodate a tiled terrace on a pedestal:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a 15 cm layer of gravel;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
If your land requires a draining foundation, build it upstream by laying down a layer of 30/60 or 40/80 crushed stone. To take away the irregularities of the ground, make a bedding with quarry sand or type 0/4 crushed sand.
2/ Lay the pedestals and the paving tiles
The success of the pedestal for tiling lies in its great ease of installation. Accessible to all, the installation of the pedestal is very simple. No need for additional tools or to carry out structural work, the pedestal for terrace is placed directly on the ground without any fixing. Both professionals and beginners can tackle the construction of a modern, solid and secure paving terrace without any difficulty.
Don't forget that you need 1 pedestal per corner, i.e. 4 pedestals for a tiled paving . For pavings from 60 x 60 cm, add one or two central pedestals by breaking the spacers. To install pedestals and tiling, follow these four steps:
- Position the pedestals on the ground following the layout plan that you will have produced;
- Do not hesitate to add an acoustic rubber on the head of the pedestals;
- Lay the tile pavings against the spacers;
- Now turn the nut to adjust the height of the pedestal to the desired level.
For a high quality and secure terrace on pedestal, be sure to choose self-supporting paving, preferably non-slip and full mass.
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on a Jouplast pedestal
- Extensions for Jouplast pedestal 10 mm, 25 mm and 60 mm to increase the final height of the pedestal
- The paving plate to hold the pavings against a wall and prevent it from tipping
- The side cladding support to ensure the maintenance and installation of a skirting board
- Acoustic rubber to obtain optimal acoustic comfort on the paving terrace by attenuating vibrations
- The Jouplast paving carrier to move the pavings without hurting your back.
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 40 to 60 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
Adjustable paving terrace pedestal 40/60 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||In compliance with the DTU 43.1|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 1 ton|
|Adjustable height||1.57 to 2.36 in|
|Country of Origin||UE|
|Épaisseur écarteur||3 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Michael B. published the 24/05/2023 following an order made on 11/05/2023
Plot livré avec des éléments cassées
Slavko S. published the 18/05/2023 following an order made on 01/05/2023
Très bien mais beaucoup d’écarteur de dalle cassé
JEAN-CHRISTOPHE J. published the 11/05/2023 following an order made on 01/05/2023
Philippe H. published the 11/05/2023 following an order made on 24/04/2023
Alain M. published the 06/05/2023 following an order made on 17/04/2023
Solide et facile à régler
Emilie P. published the 01/05/2023 following an order made on 11/04/2023
Quelques plots avec les ergo cassés, mais comme nous devons en cassé certains pour la pose, pas vraiment problématique pour mon cas
Daniel P. published the 01/05/2023 following an order made on 10/04/2023
Juste un plot ou je n'ai pas réussit à diviser la partie bleu car vissée de travers
Philippe P. published the 05/04/2023 following an order made on 24/03/2023
Produits à un prix attractif, expédition très rapide, produit de qualité