Pedestal for tiled terrace height 10 mm - Jouplast
The Jouplast 10 mm paving pedestal is used as a fixed pedestal or as an extension for Jouplast paving pedestal. This terrace pedestal is ideal for renovating an existing terrace or for installing a terrace on non-raised pedestals. This time-saving and budget-saving solution is ideal for everyone, whether you are a seasoned DIYer or a total novice.
The advantages of Jouplast's 10 mm paving terrace pedestal
- Speed and ease of installation
- Installation without fixing or joint
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 43.1
Tips for laying a paving terrace on pedestals
- Installation is carried out on level and stable ground;
- Provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter to promote the evacuation of rainwater, regardless of the support;
- It is mandatory to use self-supporting slabs, of class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+;
- Jouplast paving pedestals are designed for pedestrian use only.
1/ Ground preparation
In order to have a solid and durable structure, ground preparation is necessary before laying slab on pedestal. Indeed, to enjoy your outdoor space in peace, it is necessary to have a flat and stable ground. Better still, this ground preparation guarantees durability over time. Conversely, unprepared ground can evolve and move depending on the weight and climatic conditions.
To keep your tiled terrace on pedestals for a long time, forget about laying a mortar screed! Preparing the ground for paving terrace pedestals is as simple as it is economical!
Here is what you need for the preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
4 steps are enough to prepare your ground to accommodate a tiled terrace on a pedestal:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a draining foundation by depositing a layer of 30/60 or 40/80 crushed stone. If the surface obtained still has some defects, it is important to make a laying bed with quarry sand or crushed sand type 0/4. Indeed, this will facilitate the installation of the 10 mm studs;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
However, if your ground is concrete or an old terrace structure, the preliminary work will be minimal. All you have to do is clean the existing surface and check the flatness of the floor, which is an essential criterion for a perfect terrace.
2/ Lay the pedestals and the paving tiles
Accessible to all, the tiled terrace pedestal is very easy to set up. From 1 to 2 days are necessary to create a terrace to your liking and that meets your requirements. The installation is done alone, but we advise you to ask for help to carry the tiles. Indeed, these are often very heavy and you risk injuring yourself.
For the installation of the pedestals, it is necessary to count 1 pedestal per angle or 4 pedestals for a tile paving. For large pavings, from 60 x 60 cm, add one or two central pedestals by breaking the spacers. Got it? Now it's your turn !
- Position the pedestals on the ground following the layout plan that you will have drawn up beforehand;
- Add an acoustic rubber on the head of the pedestals;
- Lay the tile pavings against the spacers;
- All you have to do is turn the nut to adjust the height of the pedestal to the desired level.
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on a Jouplast pedestal
- You can stack up to 4 x 10 mm extensions, thus obtaining a height of 20 to 50 mm
- Acoustic rubber to obtain optimal acoustic comfort on the paving terrace by attenuating vibrations
- The Jouplast paving carrier to move the pavings without hurting your back
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Diameter: 120mm
- Height: 10mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
10 mm paving pedestal (fixed)
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 1 ton|
|Adjustable height||Fixe 0.39 in|
|Country of Origin||UE|
|Épaisseur écarteur||3 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
DAVID N. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 16/10/2022
Thierry Z. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 27/09/2022
Sezinando L. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 24/08/2022
Michel C. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 07/07/2022
Conforme a mes attentes
Nicolas V. published the 06/06/2022 following an order made on 24/05/2022
Fait le job
Fabrice M. published the 02/05/2022 following an order made on 23/04/2022
Conforme à la description
CHRISTIAN S. published the 22/04/2022 following an order made on 08/04/2022
Très bon produit de marque et de ça à l'air très robuste on verra à la pose.
Gregory S. published the 13/04/2022 following an order made on 29/03/2022