Pedestal for tiled terrace adjustable in height from 50 to 80 mm - Jouplast
The paving pedestal for 50/80 mm is an adjustable pedestal from Jouplast. This terrace pedestal allows the installation of different coverings: concrete paving, exterior tiling and porcelain stoneware, but also gratings. Thanks to this paving terrace pedestal, installation is simple and easy, without seals. Consider acoustic rubbers for even more comfort.
The advantages of the Jouplast 50/80 mm paving terrace pedestal
- Speed and ease of installation
- Installation without fixing or seals
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the blue nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 43.1
Tips for laying a tiled terrace on pedestals
- The installation is carried out on a level and stable ground
- Provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter to avoid any stagnation of rainwater;
- Use self-supporting pavings of class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+;
- The paving pedestal is intended for the creation of tiled, paving or grating terraces
- The pedestal for tiling is designed for pedestrian use
- Count 1 pedestal per corner, i.e. 4 pedestals for 1 slab of tiling
- For large formats add 1 or 2 studs in the center to reinforce the installation
- Bring a paving slab to make it easier to move and lay the outdoor tiling pavings on the terrace.
1/ Prepare the ground
The preparation of the ground depends on the surface on which you will lay your tiled terrace on pedestals:
- If you are laying on an old terrace or a concrete paving, all you have to do is clean the surface and check its flatness;
- On the other hand, if your future tiled terrace takes place on grass, earth or gravel, you will need to prepare the ground beforehand.
This ground preparation will guarantee the durability of your tiled terrace on pedestals over time. Yes, unprepared ground can evolve and move depending on weight and weather conditions.
Here is what you need for this preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
Without structural work or additional tools required, 4 steps are enough to prepare your land to accommodate a paving terrace on pedestal:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a 15 cm layer of gravel;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
Depending on the nature of the ground, a draining foundation can be made upstream by depositing a layer of 30/60 or 40/80 type crushed gravel.
If the surface obtained still has some defects, it is recommended to make a laying bed with quarry sand or crushed sand type 0/4. This will facilitate the installation of low height pedestals.
2/ Lay the pedestals and paving tiles
It takes 1 pedestal per corner, i.e. 4 pedestals for a paving tile. For large format slabs, it is recommended to reinforce the installation by adding 1 or 2 additional studs in the center of the paving by breaking the spacers. For the installation of pedestals and tiles, follow these few steps:
- Position the pedestals directly on the ground, respecting the layout plan;
- Add an acoustic rubber on the head of the studs;
- Lay the tiled pavings against the spacers;
- Turn the nut to adjust the height of the pedestal to the desired level
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on a Jouplast pedestal
- Extensions for Jouplast pedestal 10 mm, 25 mm and 60 mm to increase the final height of the pedestal without changing it
- The paving plate to maintain the pavings against a wall and prevent it from tipping
- The side cladding support to ensure the maintenance and installation of a skirting board
- Acoustic rubber to obtain optimal acoustic comfort on the paving terrace by attenuating vibrations
- The Jouplast slab carrier to move the pavings without hurting your back.
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 50 to 80 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
Adjustable pedestal 50/80 mm for slabs, tiles or ceramics - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Adjustable height||50 to 80 mm|
|Country of Origin||UE|
|Spacer thickness||3 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Fernand S. published the 08/12/2023 following an order made on 20/11/2023
JEAN L. published the 01/12/2023 following an order made on 09/11/2023
Bases parfois déformées mais rapport qualité/prix parfaitement correct.
Frederic L. published the 24/10/2023 following an order made on 16/10/2023
PhilippE D. published the 14/10/2023 following an order made on 18/09/2023
Super un peu dure a tourner mais fait tres bien l affaire
JOHN J. published the 11/10/2023 following an order made on 28/09/2023
Solide et facile à regler
Sylvain S. published the 21/06/2023 following an order made on 12/06/2023
Ludovic D. published the 20/06/2023 following an order made on 04/06/2023
Nous avons déjà utilisé une partie des plots et réglages faciles, satisfaits de notre achat
Georges G. published the 19/06/2023 following an order made on 31/05/2023
quelque plateaux voiler