Paving pedestal adjustable from 20 to 30 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
The paving terrace pedestal is designed to create the foundations of your tiled terrace, whether in porcelain stoneware, concrete paving or grating. The paving terrace pedestal is compatible with coverings with a minimum thickness of 2 cm. This pedestal paving is adjustable from 20 to 30 mm to adapt perfectly to the constraints of your land. Installing a tiled terrace on pedestals is quick and easy, without earthworks or structural work. And for more comfort, consider the acoustic gums sold separately.
The advantages of the Jouplast 20/30 mm paving terrace pedestal
- Speed and ease of installation
- Installation without fixing or joint
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 43.1
Tips for laying a tiled terrace on pedestals
- Lay only on stabilized ground or an existing concrete paving;
- Provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter to promote the evacuation of rainwater, regardless of the support;
- It is mandatory to use self-supporting pavings, of class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+;
- Jouplast paving terrace pedestals are designed for pedestrian use only.
The steps for laying a paving terrace on pedestals
1/ Preparing the ground
The pedestal for paving terrace allows you to make an outdoor tiled terrace on any type of ground provided that it is stabilized. Its wide circular base of 208 mm allows optimal support of the structure which is stabilized.
Preparing the ground is a mandatory step to stabilize and firmly maintain the structure of your terrace. Indeed, an unprepared ground has a high risk of evolution over time. This unprepared ground can move depending on the weight and weather conditions, which is why it is necessary to stabilize the ground to guarantee durability over time.
Here is what you need for this preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
- Crushed gravel
4 steps are enough to prepare your land to accommodate a tiled terrace on an adjustable pedestal:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a layer of crushed gravel type 30/60 or 40/80. This first layer will serve as a draining foundation. If the surface obtained still has some defects, it is recommended to make a laying bed with quarry sand or crushed sand type 0/4. This will facilitate the installation of your 20/30 mm paving pedestals;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
This site preparation step is not necessary if you have a concrete screed or an old terrace. In this case, you just need to clean the floor and check its flatness.
2/ Lay the pedestals, joists and decking boards
Laying a tiled terrace on Jouplast pedestals is extremely simple to achieve since it is enough to lay them on the ground without any seals. 4 installation steps are enough to make the most of a solid and durable paving terrace.
Count 1 pedestal per corner, i.e. 4 pedestals for a tiled paving. For pavings from 60 x 60 cm, add one or two central pedestals by breaking the spacers. For the installation of pedestals and tiling, follow these few steps:
- Position the pedestals on the ground following the layout plan that you will have previously drawn up;
- Add an acoustic rubber on the head of the pedestals;
- Lay the tile pavings against the spacers;
- All you have to do is turn the nut to adjust the height of the pedestal to the desired level.
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on a Jouplast pedestal
- Jouplast 10 mm pedestal extension to increase the final height of the pedestal
- The paving plate to hold the pavings against a wall and prevent it from tipping
- The side cladding support to ensure the maintenance and installation of a skirting board
- Acoustic rubber to obtain optimal acoustic comfort on the paving terrace by attenuating vibrations
- The Jouplast paving carrier to move the pavings, without hurting your back.
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 20 to 30 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
Adjustable paving terrace pedestal 20/30 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Adjustable height||20 to 30 mm|
|Country of Origin||UE|
|Spacer thickness||3 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Fernand S. published the 08/12/2023 following an order made on 20/11/2023
EMMANUEL Y. published the 26/11/2023 following an order made on 14/11/2023
Magali V. published the 26/09/2023 following an order made on 19/09/2023
Article à la hauteur de mes attentes . Conforme.
Michel L. published the 13/06/2023 following an order made on 18/05/2023
Sandrine T. published the 31/05/2023 following an order made on 16/05/2023
Articles conformes. Super
Marc M. published the 31/05/2023 following an order made on 13/05/2023
Très Bon produit
Michael B. published the 24/05/2023 following an order made on 11/05/2023
Stéphane B. published the 18/05/2023 following an order made on 12/04/2023
conforme à ma demande