Product successfully added to your shopping cart
Items : 0 Items : 1
Pedestal for tiled terrace height adjustable from 8 to 20 mm - Jouplast
Paving terrace pedestal adjustable in height from 8 to 20 mm for creating terraces with outdoor tiles, porcelain stoneware, concrete pavings and gratings. This low-height terrace pedestal is made up of an adjustable pedestal from 8 to 15 mm and a 5 mm riser. This paving pedestal can be manually adjusted notch by notch and is ideal for renovating an existing terrace.
The advantages of Jouplast's 10 mm paving terrace pedestal
- Speed and ease of installation
- Installation without fixing or joint
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the black nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 43.1
Tips for laying a tiled terrace on pedestals
- The laying is carried out on a concrete paving, a lean screed, a tiled terrace to be renovated or soft ground
- The slab terrace pedestal is intended for outdoor and pedestrian use
- Provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter to promote the evacuation of rainwater, regardless of the support;
- It is mandatory to use self-supporting slabs, of class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+;
- Given its low height, the 8/20 mm slab terrace pedestal cannot be used with extensions.
Steps for laying a terrace on a tiled pedestal
1/ Ground preparation
It all starts with the ground that will host your future terrace. It must be perfectly flat and stable so that your structure supports the daily use that is made of it. This step should not be overlooked since it allows your paving terrace on pedestal to stay in place no matter what.
Here is what you need for the preparation :
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
To do this, simply follow these instructions to the letter if your terrace is going to come to life on ground other than a concrete paving:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a 15 cm layer of gravel. This layer of gravel can be divided into two distinct parts. A first draining layer with crushed gravel type 30/60 or 40/80. A second layer of 0/4 type quarry or crushed sand will hide the defects and facilitate the installation of your 8/20 mm paving pedestals;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
2/ Lay the pedestals and the paving tiles
To promote a sustainable terrace, be sure to choose self-supporting pavings and call on an outside person to help you carry them without injuring yourself. Do not panic, each pedestal paving resists up to more than a ton of load!
Laying the pedestals is within everyone's reach and only requires 4 steps. Indeed, laying pedestals and slabs is as simple as pie. Note that it takes 4 pedestals per paving for dimensions up to 60 x 60 cm. Beyond that, provide one or two central pedestals that you will install under the pavings by breaking the spacers.
By following these instructions, the preparation is carried out in a simple and fast way:
- Position the pedestals on the ground following the layout plan that you have previously drawn up;
- Add an acoustic rubber on the head of each of the paving pedestals to avoid vibrations and offer you optimal sound comfort;
- Lay the paving tiles against the spacers;
- Finally, turn the nut to adjust the height of the pedestal to the desired level.
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on a Jouplast pedestal
- Acoustic rubber to obtain optimal acoustic comfort on the paving terrace by attenuating vibrations
- The Jouplast paving carrier to move the paving without hurting your back.
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 170 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 8 to 20 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
Adjustable pedestal 8-20 mm for slabs, tiles or ceramics - Jouplast
|Warranty||10 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 500 kg|
|Adjustable height||0.31 to 0.79 in|
|Country of Origin||UE|
|Épaisseur écarteur||3 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Michael B. published the 24/05/2023 following an order made on 11/05/2023
Manque une notice pour le montage de plus livraison avec de la casse
Cedric S. published the 01/04/2023 following an order made on 19/03/2023
Très bien malgré quelques plots endommagés
Herve H. published the 22/03/2023 following an order made on 02/03/2023
Se démonte sans cesse. Si possible à éviter
Pierrick et Chantal G. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 25/10/2022
Les "taquets" de séparation de carreaux sont nécessairement fragiles pour faciliter la pose en périphérie. Cela impliquerait un emballage plus adapté.
GIL M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 04/10/2022
Top malgré quelques intercalaires cassés mais pas trop gênants
Jon S. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 17/09/2022
assez pratique, mais pas mal de cales cassées, même si pas forcément très grave dans mon cas
FABIEN L. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 06/08/2022
identique au descriptif
SAMUEL B. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 29/05/2022