How do I choose the ideal paving for my terrace on pedestals?
The main advantage of a terrace on pedestals is that you benefit from an outdoor tiled terrace without going through the construction of a concrete slab and therefore without structural work or heavy equipment. If an outdoor tiled terrace is so popular, it is because this material has many advantages: resistance to frost and scratches, longevity, simplicity of maintenance, wide aesthetic choice and less expensive cost, less restrictive maintenance than for a terrace. in wood… the exterior tiling seems to be in good shape. But how do you choose the right tile? Are there any constraints? Can we put any type of tiling on terrace pedestals? In this article, we are going to give you some keys to choosing the right outdoor tiles, follow the guide!
But why pedestals ?
The installation of a paving terrace on pedestals is attracting more and more emulators and it is not without reason. The development of a paving terrace on pedestals is economical in time, resources (no structural work, neither materials nor heavy equipment) and cost. The tiles are laid on the pedestals without joints which saves you energy and precious time.
This method also has practical advantages: it makes it possible to level uneven ground thanks to the height-adjustable terrace pedestals. Laying on pedestals also allows cables and pipes to circulate in the space formed under the paving. Another practical advantage: it is child's play to replace a damaged or broken tile. Indeed, you just have to remove the said tile and replace it with a new one. Ditto in the event of a change of scenery: install and uninstall then reinstall a brand new terrace in no time. These manipulations are possible thanks to the laying on pedestals and the absence of seals between the pavings.
This method is also robust and reliable. Fixed or adjustable pedestals, these terrace pedestals are capable of supporting more than one ton. They also limit water retention and promote the flow of rainwater.
Porcelain stoneware: an ideal tile for a terrace on exceptional pedestals
Ceramic pavings are undoubtedly the most appropriate tiles for laying a terrace on pedestals for several reasons:
- Porcelain stoneware slabs are very robust due to their composition. The silica-laden stoneware is fired at 1300° C. This high temperature will vitrify the silica and make the porcelain stoneware non-porous. That is, this material is insensitive to frost and scratches. In addition, it is anti-stain. Dyed in the mass, its color is unalterable.
- Porcelain stoneware slabs are self-supporting, essential characteristics for laying on pedestals.
- The porcelain stoneware slabs are non-slip to prevent them from falling in the event of rain.
- Porcelain stoneware slabs guarantee resistance to heavy loads.
- Porcelain stoneware slabs offer a wide choice of colors and effects (wood, marble, concrete, stone, metal, etc.)
Note, for outdoor tiling on pedestals, consider the thickness of your pavings. For adequate robustness and an adjusted laying on the head of the pedestal, favor pavings 2 cm thick. These 20 mm tiles must meet the QB UPEC F+ standard which guarantees the robustness and adhesion of the tiles.
To be sure to choose the right outdoor tiles, opt for one of our selection of porcelain stoneware stamped Mirage, Marshalls or Rinno Tiles. Responding to all budgets, this selection of 2 cm thick ceramic slabs is ideal for laying a paving terrace on pedestals.