The UPTEC SUPAL 4 mm paving pedestal is an adjustable pedestal from 28 to 43 mm which allows a spacing between the pavings of 4 mm. This pvc pedestal allows you to create the foundations of your terrace in porcelain stoneware tiles. The Profilitec paving terrace pedestal being a high-end pedestal, it allows great customization and offers optimal quality. Offered here with 4 mm spacing, it can easily be transformed into a paving pedestal with 2 mm spacing or a wooden terrace pedestal! This radical change is possible simply by changing the head of your SUPAL pedestal.
The advantages of the UPTEC SUPAL adjustable paving terrace pedestal from 28 to 43 mm from Profilitec
- Quick and simple installation, without structural work or fixing
- Seamless laying
- Base of the pedestal pre-cut to facilitate the realization of the angles
- Perforated base to promote the flow of rainwater
- Allows good air circulation and avoids moisture problems
- Change from a fixed head to a self-leveling head by simply screwing the green locking ring located inside the head
- Switching to a self-leveling head compensates for height differences of up to 5%
- Interchangeable head: change from a UPTEC SUPAL 4 mm paving pedestal to a 2 mm pedestal or a wooden terrace pedestal by simply changing the head
- Head equipped with anti-noise rubber for your sound comfort when passing through your terrace
- The installation of UPTEC SUPAL pedestals is done on cement, concrete, EPDM, rubber, monolayer, other roofing systems, on insulating materials, or on a pre-existing terrace
In practice, step 1: draw up the layout plan
It all starts with thinking about your patio project. For this, it is necessary to put it down on paper by making a layout plan. This detailed, to-scale sketch allows you to represent your tiled terrace on pedestals, its shape and dimensions.
Once this plan has been made, you need to place the paving terrace pedestals and your covering. This is to accurately calculate the volume of these materials. Thus, your thoughtful purchases will be optimized. No superfluous expense and increased ease of installation. You have everything to gain !
Step 2: lay your UPTEC SUPAL paving terrace pedestals
- Start by ensuring the quality of the ground: the surface on which the paving terrace pedestals are placed must be perfectly clean, with no trace of liquid, dirt or foreign materials.
- Start laying the pedestals from a corner. For optimal installation, cut the base on both sides following the pre-cut line.
- Adjust the height of your paving terrace pedestal.
- Continue this momentum by spacing the paving pedestals the size of your tiles.
Note, for optimal use of UPTEC SUPAL PVC supports, prefer porcelain stoneware pavings 2 cm thick and 60 x 60 cm in size. This configuration requires the addition of a central paving pedestal. Place it, taking care to break the fins with the SUPAK 3-in-1 wrench.
Step 3: lay your porcelain stoneware tiles
- Lay the first porcelain stoneware tile starting at one corner.
- Check the flatness of your paving using a spirit level. This check should be carried out after each laying of porcelain stoneware tiles. In the event of misalignment, adjust the height of the paving terrace pedestal using the 3-in-1 SUPAK wrench.
- Repeat these operations until the surface of the porcelain stoneware pavings is covered.
- Ultimately, you may have to cut the porcelain stoneware tiles across their width. To do this, use a wet saw with a diamond blade suitable for tiling.
Step 4: make the side finishes
Closing your tiled terrace on pedestals laterally is an essential step to obtain a perfectly finished paving terrace. There are two options for this: the closure with BSR border by Profilitec or the closure in cut porcelain stoneware, combined with the BSJ profile.
1/ Side closure with BSR edge profile
- This option is the easiest and fastest. The BSR profile is an all-in-one border that dresses your terrace without much effort.
- Position the pedestal so that the cut side is facing out.
- Lay the BSR profile between the fins of the paving terrace pedestal
- Lay the porcelain stoneware paving
2/ Side closure with porcelain stoneware cutout and BSJ profile
This second option is a little more complex but has the advantage of having a side closure in the colors of your coating.
To do this, use the Rinno ClipSystem side closure accessory.
- Place the Bottom ClipSystem under the base of the paving pedestal
- Position the pedestal with the cut side facing out
- Lay the BSJ profile on the head of the pedestal
- Cut your porcelain stoneware tile at the correct height (distance between the BSJ profile and the Bottom ClipSystem)
- Place the cut tile between the BSJ profile and the Bottom ClipSystem
- Install your porcelain stoneware covering.
Accessories for laying a porcelain stoneware terrace on a UPTEC pedestal by Profilitec
- SUPAK 3-in-1 adjustment key to go from a fixed to a self-leveling head, remove the fins from the UPTEC pedestals and adjust the height of the terrace pedestals
- BSR aluminum edge for the side closure of your paving terrace
- BSJ aluminum border for the side cladding of your tiled terrace on pedestal
- Rinno ClipSystem side closure system
- Adjustable paving carrier to make it easier for you to transport porcelain stoneware pavings and lay them without hurting your back
- Adjustable from 28 to 43 mm
- Fin thickness: 4 mm
- Base diameter: 190mm
- Head diameter: 130mm
- Resistant to frost (-20°C) and UV (+80°C)
- Fire resistant: HB according to UL94 regulations
- Resistant to 1 ton load
- Composition: 80% recycled material
- 100% recyclable
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step Once the installation is level, place the tiles on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then adjust the height of the pedestals and check everything one last time with a spirit level.
step 4Finally, make the cuts to close the terrace laterally.
Model : PRO-SUPAL-SUPA4
Adjustable UPTEC SUPAL paving terrace pedestal 28/43 mm - 4 mm seals- Profilitec
|Origin||Made in Italy|
|Adjustable height||From 28 to 43 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects