Adjustable self-leveling pedestal from 85 to 115 mm for wooden decks - YEED (formerly Rinno)
YEED self-leveling joist pedestal. This support for wooden terrace foundations has a base that adapts to the irregularities of the ground. It can be uneven, uneven or irregular, this clever pedestal will support your wooden deck by leveling it. Compatible with wooden boards and composite boards.
The advantages of the self-leveling wooden terrace pedestal 85/115 mm from YEED (formerly Rinno)
- Quick and easy installation, without major works or fixing
- Manual height adjustment thanks to the red adjustment ring
- Strip designed for screwing the joist onto the pedestal
- Allows laying on sloping or uneven ground
- Allows you to create or compensate for up to 5% slope over 1 meter
- Allows good ventilation of the structure and the evacuation of rainwater
- Base designed to ensure proper drainage of rainwater
- Compatible with wood and composite boards
Prerequisites: draw up the layout plan
To get your wooden terrace project on pedestals off to a good start, start by planning your site by drawing up a layout plan. This sketch will contain the shape of your future terrace, its dimensions but also and above all the equipment necessary for the success of your construction. Thus, the joist blocks, joists and wooden boards will be represented in order to be counted. Planning ahead will allow you to more easily realize your wooden terrace on pedestal.
In order to lay your self-leveling joist pedestals directly on the ground, it is necessary to prepare it with crushed gravel. Laying on gravel is ideal for self-leveling pedestals, as the ground is never perfectly flat. This preparation of the ground will ensure the necessary stability for the foundations of your wooden terrace. Yes, thanks to this, you will extend the longevity of your wooden construction for many years.
1/ Tools and materials needed for ground preparation
Some tools are necessary for this simplified land preparation, here they are:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
- Crushed gravel
2/ How to prepare the ground
Stabilizing your ground is simple and relatively quick! Here is the proof :
- Define the shape of your terrace and dig 15 cm deep;
- Lay a geotextile felt to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Backfill with crushed gravel: 0/60 mm over 10 cm and 0/4 mm over the top 5 cm;
- Compact everything to obtain a stable surface.
Steps for laying a wooden deck on YEED self-leveling pedestals (formerly Rinno)
Laying the foundations of your wooden deck with self-leveling pedestals is an excellent idea that will save you time, money and simplicity. It'll only take you a weekend to get your wooden terrace on pedestals out of the ground!
1/ Tools and materials needed to lay a wooden deck on YEED pedestals (ex Rinno)
- A bracket
- A tape measure
- A spirit level
- A drill driver
- A jigsaw/radial saw
- A hammer
- A large ruler
- A cord
- Your YEED wooden terrace pedestals
- Wooden or aluminum joists
- decking boards
- Special wooden screws
2/ Accessories for laying a wooden deck on a Rinno pedestal
We offer a few installation accessories that will allow you to save installation time and the longevity of your construction.
3/ Arrange the self-leveling studs
To know the locations of your self-leveling wooden terrace pedestals, it's simple. Remember that your joists are placed under your terrace every 50 cm. So you will have a first row of joist pedestals spaced every 50 cm. Then these joists must be supported over their entire length every 70 cm.
Once your pvc pedestals have been placed on the ground, adjust their height by turning the red adjustment ring clockwise. This leveling is carried out to the millimeter. Note that it is necessary to leave a slope of 1.5% to promote the evacuation of rainwater.
4/ Lay and fix the joists
The joists are fixed on the wooden terrace pedestals through the strip. Regarding the joists, do not forget that they must be of the same variety as your coating. So, if your boards are made of exotic wood, your joists will be too. Softwood siding? Softwood joists. Coating in composite board, then your joists will also be in composite. You can opt for aluminum joists if you wish.
- Lay the joists against the strip located on the head of the pedestals;
- Screw the joists onto the pedestals through the strip;
- Apply the protective strip along the length of the joists;
- Cover the edges of the joist with the protective strip.
5/ Lay the coating boards
- Lay the wood slat coating while starting against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards with special decking screws. Note, screw 20 mm from the edge of the board.
Carry out the side finishes of the terrace
For a perfectly finished wooden terrace on pedestals, we think about making the side finishes. This operation is simple and fast and changes everything!
- Measure the height and make the necessary cutouts;
- Place the fascia board horizontally;
- Screw the plank into the joist.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Frost and UV resistant
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 85 to 115 mm
- Disc diameter: 200 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Strip height: 29 mm
- Recycled and recyclable product
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Model : RIN060090LAUT
Self-leveling pedestal 85/115 mm for wooden deck - YEED
|Warranty||10 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -40°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Brand||YEED (Ex Rinno)|
|Adjustable height||85 to 115 mm|
|Compatibility with extension||No|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
Bruno F. published the 14/03/2023 following an order made on 05/03/2023
Il faudrait ajouter la hauteur de l’auto nivelant
Florian D. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 01/08/2022
Anonymous customer published the 03/05/2021 following an order made on 20/04/2021
Bon produit, réglage facike
Anonymous customer published the 21/07/2020 following an order made on 08/07/2020
Conforme à mon attente
Anonymous customer published the 27/10/2019 following an order made on 21/10/2019
Anonymous customer published the 14/10/2019 following an order made on 02/10/2019
Anonymous customer published the 28/05/2019 following an order made on 08/03/2019
Anonymous customer published the 21/05/2019 following an order made on 13/03/2019