Jouplast’s 20 to 30 mm adjustable pedestal for wooden or composite terrace
Adjustable pedestals for wooden terrace designed by Jouplast, the French leader in terrace pedestals since 1986. These Essential pedestals for wooden terrace are designed to support wooden or aluminum joists. These pedestals for wooden terrace are adjustable in height from 20 to 30 mm to adapt perfectly to your project. The installation of a wooden terrace on pedestals can be done quickly and easily, without earthworks, structural work or heavy equipment.
The advantages of Jouplast 20/30 mm pedestals for wooden terrace
- Quick and easy to install
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 51.4 and 43.1
Tips to install a wooden or composite terrace on pedestals
- Carry out the installation only on leveled ground or an existing concrete slab
- Jouplast pedestals for wooden terraces are designed for pedestrian use only.
- The structure of the terrace must be made with natural wood or aluminum joists and not composite
Steps to install a wooden terrace on pedestals
1/ Prepare the ground
You won’t need to carry out any heavy work, Jouplast terrace pedestals will make your life easier! They are quick and easy to set up, you will be able to build a solid terrace quickly. The wide circular base 208 mm of Jouplast's Essentiel pedestals for wooden terraces provides optimal support for the structure, which is stabilized by it.
However, preparing the ground is a very important step to stabilize and firmly maintain the structure of your terrace. You don’t need to pour a concrete slab. Unlike other terrace laying methods, preparing the ground to install a terrace on pedestals is inexpensive, simpler and faster!
Here is what you need to prepare:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A meter
- A mason's profile
- Geotextile felt
- Crushed gravel
You only need to follow these 4 to prepare your terrain to install a wooden terrace on adjustable pedestals:
- Dig a hole of 15 cm on the ground;
- Place geotextile felt in it to prevent the growth of weeds;
- Fill the hole with 15 cm of gravel;
- Compact and make sure everything is leveled
2/ Install the pedestals, joists and slabs
Anyone can do itl, the installation of a wooden terrace on Jouplast pedestals is extremely simple to do since all you have to do is put the pedestals on the ground without any fixing. In fact, all you need is to follow these 4 construction steps to build a solid and durable structure:
- Determine the location of the pedestals and their spacing. Once done, place the pedestals on the ground and adjust their height using the nut to adjust them to the millimeter;
- Place the joists on the head of the pedestals: better if they are made of natural wood or aluminium;
- Screw the joists onto the tab provided for this purpose to ensure excellent support of your wooden deck on pedestal;
- Fix the wooden slabs on the joists using screws
Accessories to install a wooden terrace on Jouplast pedestals.
- 10 mm riser to increase the height of the pedestal
- Jouplast joist protection strip to protect the joists from moisture
- Tile spacers to space the wooden or composite boards of your terrace
- Slides rectifier for perfect alignment of the wooden boards
- The FIXEGO fixation kit for invisible fixing of your terrace boards
- Complies with DTU 51.4 and 43.1
- Supports more than 1 ton of load
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 20 to 30 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Adjustable wooden terrace pedestal 20/30 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Use||Wooden slab, Composite slabs|
|Adjustable height||20 to 30 mm|
|Compatibility with extension||No|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Bruno L. published the 21/06/2023 following an order made on 23/05/2023
Fidèle à la description
GUILLAUME L. published the 18/05/2023 following an order made on 03/05/2023
Fait le job!!
Emmanuel M. published the 15/05/2023 following an order made on 14/04/2023
Christelle G. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 19/08/2022
Philippe J. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 08/08/2022
Très bon produit
Eric E. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 25/07/2022
Conforme a la description
Paul M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 07/07/2022
Difficile toutefois d’atteindre les 30mm de hauteur
Benjamin B. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 26/05/2022