Product successfully added to your shopping cart
Items : 0 Items : 1
Slab pedestal adjustable from 20 to 30 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
The slab terrace pedestal is designed to create the foundations of your tiled terrace, whether in porcelain stoneware, concrete slab or grating. The slab terrace pedestal is compatible with coverings with a minimum thickness of 2 cm. This pedestal for slab is adjustable from 20 to 30 mm to adapt perfectly to the constraints of your land. Installing a tiled terrace on pedestals is quick and easy, without earthworks or structural work. And for more comfort, consider the acoustic rubber which are sold separately.
The advantages of the Jouplast 20/30 mm slab terrace pedestal
- Speed and ease of installation
- Installation without fixing or seal
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 43.1
Tips for laying a tiled terrace on pedestals
- Lay only on stabilized ground or an existing concrete slab;
- Provide an inclination of 1 cm per linear meter to promote the evacuation of rainwater, regardless of the support;
- It is mandatory to use self-supporting slabs, of class T7 or T11 according to standard NF EN 1339 or F+;
- Jouplast slab terrace pedestals are designed for pedestrian use only.
The steps for laying a slab terrace on pedestals
1/ Ground preparation
The pedestal for slab terrace allows you to make an outdoor tiled terrace on any type of ground provided that it is stabilized. Its wide circular base of 208 mm allows optimal support of the structure which is stabilized.
Preparing the ground is a mandatory step to stabilize and firmly maintain the structure of your terrace. Indeed, an unprepared ground has a high risk of evolution over time. This unprepared ground can move depending on the weight and weather conditions, which is why it is necessary to stabilize the ground to guarantee durability over time.
Here is what you need for this preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
4 steps are enough to prepare your ground to accommodate a tiled terrace on an adjustable pedestal:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a layer of crushed gravel type 30/60 or 40/80. This first layer will serve as a draining foundation. If the surface obtained still has some defects, it is recommended to make a laying bed with quarry sand or crushed sand type 0/4. This will facilitate the installation of your 20/30 mm slab pedestals;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
This site preparation step is not necessary if you have a concrete screed or an old terrace. In this case, you just need to clean the floor and check its flatness.
2/ Lay the pedestals, joists and decking boards
Laying a tiled terrace on Jouplast pedestals is extremely simple to achieve since it suffices to lay them on the ground without any fixings. 4 installation steps are enough to enjoy a solid and durable slab terrace.
You require 1 pedestal per corner, i.e. 4 pedestals for a tiled slab. For slabs from 60 x 60 cm, add one or two central studs by breaking the spacers. For the installation of pedestals and tiling, follow these few steps:
- Position the pedestals on the ground following the layout plan that you will have previously drawn up;
- Add an acoustic rubber on the head of the studs;
- Lay the tile slabs against the spacers;
- All you have to do is turn the nut to adjust the height of the pedestal to the desired level.
Accessories for laying a tiled terrace on a Jouplast pedestal
- Jouplast 10 mm pedestal extension to increase the final height of the pedestal
- The slab plate to hold the slabs against a wall and prevent it from tipping
- The side cladding support to ensure the maintenance and installation of a skirting board
- Acoustic rubber to obtain optimal acoustic comfort on the slab terrace by attenuating vibrations
- The Jouplast slab carrier to move the slabs without hurting your back.
- Complies with DTU 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 20 to 30 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Adjustable wooden terrace pedestal 20/30 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||In compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 1 ton|
|Use||Wooden deck, Composite decking|
|Adjustable height||0.79 to 1.18 in|
|Compatibility with extension||No|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Christelle G. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 19/08/2022
Philippe J. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 08/08/2022
Très bon produit
Eric E. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 25/07/2022
Conforme a la description
Paul M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 07/07/2022
Difficile toutefois d’atteindre les 30mm de hauteur
Benjamin B. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 26/05/2022
Eric M. published the 02/05/2022 following an order made on 25/04/2022
Conforme à mes attentes, très bien.
Bernard L. published the 18/10/2021 following an order made on 11/10/2021
Pratique (en rénovation)
Anonymous customer published the 18/09/2021 following an order made on 01/09/2021