Adjustable terrace pedestal from 50 to 70 mm for wood or composite terrace - Vérindal
Adjustable joist pedestal from 50 to 70 mm for the construction of a wooden or composite wood terrace without heavy equipment or structural work. Very resistant, this joist support supports the foundations of your wooden deck for a long time.
The advantages of the B50 50/70 mm wooden terrace pedestal, Vérindal
- Head equipped with a 3-hole strip which helps fix the joists
- Wooden terrace pedestal equipped with an adjustment ring to adjust the height with millimetric precision
- Pedestal placed on the ground without fixing and ballasted by the weight of the joist
- Joist pedestal allowing good ventilation of the structure
- Compatible with natural wooden boards and composite boards
Advice: make a layout plan
To get your construction site off to a good start, think about the layout plan. This scale sketch of your terrace takes its shape and dimensions. Inside the latter, place the Vérindal+ wooden terrace pedestals, spaced 50 cm apart for the first row. Allow a spacing of 70 cm for the second row and so on.
Thus, you will obtain a precise number of pedestals, joists and wooden slats. Enough to optimize your work budget and make it easier for you to install your wooden terrace on pedestals.
Before starting to lay the B50 Vérindal+ pedestals, it is necessary to stabilize the ground. This preparation of the ground aims to protect your wooden terrace on pedestals from climatic conditions (heavy rain, drought) and the passage of time. With the preparation of the ground in crushed gravel, your terrace pedestals are placed on a stable surface and for a long time!
- Dig 15 cm deep over the entire surface of your future terrace;
- Place a geotextile felt over the entire surface to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Cover with crushed gravel;
- Compact everything to obtain a flat and loose surface;
- Check the flatness of the surface with a spirit level.
Of course, if your surface is a concrete screed or an old terrace, skip this step!
Steps for laying a wooden deck on Vérindal+ B50 pedestals
Laying a wooden terrace on pedestals is very simple! No structural work or heavy equipment. Follow our advice and within a weekend you will be able to enjoy your new wooden deck.
1/ Accessories for laying a wooden deck on a Verindal pedestal
- 20 mm R20 riser to increase the height of your B50 joist pedestal;
- The Vérindal+ slope regulator to correct the slope up to 10%.
2/ Place the Vérindal+ pedestals on the ground
- Lay the Vérindal+ B50 pedestals on the ground every 50 cm on the first row. You can thus install joists every 50 cm.
- To support them, step back 70 cm and install a new series of B50 joist pedestals.
- Repeat the operation to the end of the terrace.
- Adjust the height of the pedestals using the adjustment ring. Be sure to leave a slight slope for the flow of rainwater.
3/ Install the joists
- Place the joists on the head of the wooden terrace pedestals.
- Fix the joists in at least two points via the pierced strip.
4/ Lay the covering
- Lay the wooden slats starting against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards with special decking screws. Note, screw 20 mm from the edge of the board.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Resistant to frost (-20° C) and UV (+ 80° C)
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 50 to 70 mm
- Base diameter: 200 mm
- Head length: 120 mm
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Wooden terrace pedestal adjustable from 50 to 70 mm - B50 - Vérindal
Gery P. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 30/11/2022
Bon rapport qualité/prix