Adjustable pedestal from 40 to 50 mm for wooden or composite deck - Vérindal
Pvc adjustable support from 40 to 50 mm to make your wooden or composite terrace. The joist pedestal serves as the foundation for your terrace. It accommodates the joists thanks to its head and a strip. Practical, this wooden terrace pedestal is not fixed to the ground and requires neither heavy equipment nor structural work. It ensures the support of your wooden deck for many years.
The advantages of the B40 40/50 mm wooden terrace pedestal from Vérindal
- Head equipped with a stip with 3 holes allowing the fixing of the joists
- Wooden terrace pedestal equipped with an adjustment ring to adjust the height with millimetric precision
- Pedestal placed on the ground without fixing and ballasted by the weight of the joist
- Joist pedestal allowing good ventilation of the structure
- Compatible with natural wooden boards and composite boards
Advice: make a layout plan
Everything starts on paper, make a scale sketch of your future wooden terrace. This must contain the shape of your terrace and its dimensions. It must also represent the joist pedestals, spaced for 50 cm on the first row. New rows every 70 cm. Bring back your joists and your wooden boards.
You will thus be able to easily count them and optimize your purchases such as the installation of your wooden terrace on pedestals.
Your wooden terrace on pedestals must be preserved from intense climatic conditions such as heavy rains and drought. To do this, there is only one solution: stabilize your ground with a simple, quick and inexpensive preparation of the ground. Here's how:
- Dig 15 cm deep over the entire surface of your future terrace;
- Place a geotextile felt over the entire surface to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Cover with crushed gravel;
- Compact everything to obtain a flat and loose surface;
- Check the flatness of the surface with a spirit level.
Of course, if your surface is a concrete screed or an old terrace, skip this step!
Steps for laying a wooden deck with Vérindal+ B40 pedestals
Laying a wooden terrace on a pedestal is very simple! No structural work or heavy equipment. In one weekend you can enjoy your wooden or composite terrace.
1/ Accessories for laying a wooden deck on a Verindal pedestal
- 20 mm R20 riser to increase the height of your B40 joist pedestal;
- The Vérindal+ slope regulator to correct the slope up to 10%.
2/ Place the Vérindal+ pedestals on the ground
- Lay the Vérindal+ B40 pedestals on the ground every 50 cm on the first row. You can thus install joists every 50 cm.
- To support them, step back 70 cm and install a new series of B40 joist pedestals.
- Repeat the operation to the end of the terrace.
- Adjust the height of the pedestals using the adjustment ring. Be sure to leave a slight slope for the flow of rainwater.
3/ Install the joists
- Place the joists on the head of the wooden terrace pedestals.
- Fix the joists in at least two points via the pierced strip.
4/ Lay the covering
- Lay the wooden boards starting against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards with special decking screws. Note, screw 20 mm from the edge of the board.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Resistant to frost (-20° C) and UV (+ 80° C)
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 40 to 50 mm
- Base diameter: 200 mm
- Head length: 120 mm
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Wooden terrace pedestal adjustable from 40 to 50 mm - B40 - Vérindal