Adjustable self-leveling pedestal from 50 to 65 mm for wooden decks - YEED (formerly Rinno)
The YEED self-leveling wooden terrace pedestal is adjustable from 50 to 65 mm. Its self-leveling disc located at its base makes it possible to create or compensate for a slope of up to 5% over one meter. This joist support is used to create the foundations of a wooden or composite deck on uneven, irregular or a vertical drop ground. Its attractive price, quality and features make it an essential terrace pedestal for all DIY enthusiasts, whether individuals or professionals.
The advantages of the self-leveling wooden terrace pedestal 50/65 mm from YEED (formerly Rinno)
- Quick and easy installation, without major work or fixing
- Manual height adjustment thanks to the adjustment ring
- Strip designed for screwing the joist onto the pedestal
- Allows laying on sloping or uneven ground
- Allows you to create or compensate for up to 5% slope over 1 meter
- Allows good ventilation of the structure and the evacuation of rainwater
- Base designed to ensure proper drainage of rainwater
- Compatible with wood and composite boards
Prerequisites: draw up the layout plan
It all starts with making a sketch of your terrace: location, shape and dimensions must be represented on your layout plan. Why ? Quite simply to calculate the number of terrace pedestals, the number of joists, wooden boards and even the number of screws. This will allow you to plan ahead and prepare your site well.
The self-leveling pedestal allows you to lay your terrace on sloping or uneven ground. Its self-leveling disc will catch up or compensate for the irregularities of the ground. However, this does not exclude upstream preparation of the ground. Yes, laying on crushed gravel is ideal for a self-leveling plot because it is never perfectly flat.
1/ Tools and materials needed for ground preparation
Few tools are necessary for this preparation, here is the proof:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
- Crushed gravel
2/ Ground preparation
In order to protect your wooden terrace from issues related to climatic conditions such as drought or bad weather, and to prevent your wooden terrace from moving over time, stabilize your soil as follows:
- Define the shape of your terrace and dig 15 cm deep;
- Lay a geotextile felt to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Backfill with crushed gravel: 0/60 mm over 10 cm and 0/4 mm over the top 5 cm;
- Compact everything to obtain a stable surface.
Steps for laying a wooden deck on YEED self-leveling pedestals (formerly Rinno)
Laying a wooden deck on pedestals is relatively simple, especially with self-leveling pedestals that make your job easier. You'll need a weekend to create your wooden or composite terrace.
1/ Tools and materials needed to lay your wooden deck on self-leveling pedestals
- A bracket
- A tape measure
- A spirit level
- A drill driver
- A jigsaw/radial saw
- A hammer
- A large ruler
- A cord
- Your Rinno wooden terrace pedestals
- Wooden or aluminum joists
- decking boards
- Special wooden screws
2/ Accessories for laying a wooden deck on a Rinno pedestal
Some accessories are essential for the successful installation of a wooden terrace on pedestals, here they are:
- The joist protection strip to protect your foundations from humidity;
- Plank spacers for perfect spacing between your wooden boards;
- The EDMA board straightener to make your wooden boards straight and thus facilitate their installation;
- The invisible fixing kit to fix the boards without visible screws.
3/ Arrange the self-leveling pedestals
To carry out this step easily, draw a line every 50 cm using your chalk line to define the location of the joists. The latter must be supported every 70 cm along their length.
Once your joist supports are installed on the ground, adjust the height of the self-leveling studs. Do not forget to leave a slight slope of 1.5% to promote the evacuation of rainwater.
4/ Lay and fix the joists
Essential point on the joists: they must be of the same vartiety as your coating. Thus, resinous wood for pine slats and joists, exotic wood for the coating as well as for its foundations... If you want more solidity, you can opt for aluminum joists.
- Lay the joists against the strip located on the head of the pedestals;
- Screw the joists onto the pedestals through the strip;
- Apply the protective strip along the length of the joists;
- Cover the edges of the joist with the protective strip.
5/ Lay the covering boards
- Lay the wooden board covering while starting against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards with special decking screws. Note, screw 20 mm from the edge of the board.
Carry out the side finishes of the terrace
To perfect your wooden terrace on pedestals, follow these 3 small steps to carry out the side dressing of the latter.
- Measure the height and make the necessary cutouts;
- Place the fascia board horizontally;
- Screw the board into the joist.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Frost and UV resistant
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 50 to 60 mm
- Disc diameter: 200 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Strip height: 29 mm
- Recycled and recyclable product
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Model : RIN025040LAUT
Self-leveling pedestal 50/65 mm for wooden deck - YEED
|Warranty||10 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||In compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -40°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 1 ton|
|Brand||YEED (Ex Rinno)|
|Adjustable height||1.97 to 2.56 in|
|Compatibility with extension||No|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
Florian D. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 01/08/2022
Florent D. published the 06/01/2023 following an order made on 27/05/2022
Plot simple à utiliser mais la patte maintient gagnerait à etre plu solide. Système autonivelant rudimentaire et peu fiable
Ludovic L. published the 26/04/2022 following an order made on 09/04/2022
Conforme aux attentes
Michel D. published the 19/04/2022 following an order made on 05/04/2022
Très bon produit
Vincenzo B. published the 23/03/2022 following an order made on 07/03/2022
i Need to try it
Anonymous customer published the 03/05/2021 following an order made on 20/04/2021
Produit conforme à l'attendu , bon rapport qualité prix
Anonymous customer published the 26/06/2020 following an order made on 23/05/2020
Comment from Plots-discount.com the 22/06/2020
Bonjour,Nous vous remercions de votre confiance.Cordialement,MéganNEL
Anonymous customer published the 08/06/2020 following an order made on 29/04/2020