Adjustable terrace pedestal from 50 to 80 mm for wooden terrace Jouplast
The wooden terrace pedestal is a pedestal for joists, designed to create the foundations of wooden or composite terraces. This pedestal is adjustable in height from 50 to 80 mm to adapt perfectly to your land. Installing a wooden terrace on pedestals is very easy! Jouplast's Essentiel wooden terrace pedestal can be placed on any type of solid support. Thus, install your wooden terrace on Jouplast pedestals without earthworks or structural work or even without the use of heavy equipment.
The advantages 50/80 mm wooden terrace pedestals Jouplast
- Quick and easy to install
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the green nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 51.4 and 43.1
Advice for laying a terrace on a wooden or composite pedestal
- The laying of terrace pedestals is only done on stabilized ground or an existing concrete paving
- Jouplast wooden terrace pedestals are designed for pedestrian use only.
- The construction of the foundations of your terrace must imperatively be done with joists in natural wood or aluminum and not in composite.
The steps for laying a wooden terrace on pedestals
1/ Ground preparation
Laying a wooden deck on pedestals is easy! You can install your wooden or composite deck on any type of ground provided it is stabilized. The wide circular base of the Jouplast pedestal is 208 mm. It allows an optimal maintenance of the structure which is stabilized.
To guarantee the stability and resistance of your wooden deck, it is necessary to prepare the ground. No need, however, to pour a concrete slab! Yes, unlike other terrace laying methods, laying on pedestals requires basic and inexpensive ground preparation. With wooden terrace pedestals, laying your wooden or composite slat terrace is simpler and faster!
Here is what you need for this preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
4 steps are enough to prepare your ground to accommodate a wooden terrace on adjustable pedestals:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt there to eradicate the growth of weeds;
- Fill the hole with a 15 cm layer of gravel;
- Compact and make sure everything is level.
2/ Lay the pedestals, joists and decking boards
Laying a wooden terrace on Jouplast pedestals is extremely easy to do since it suffices to lay them on the ground without any fixings. Only 4 construction steps are enough to enjoy a solid and durable structure:
- Determine the location of the studs and their spacing. Once this layout plan has been completed, position the pedestals directly on the ground and adjust them to the necessary height using the adjustment nut for an adjustment to the nearest millimetre. Don't forget to use your spirit level to check the flatness of the foundation!
- Place the joists on the head of the pedestals. The joists must be made of natural wood and not composite which undergoes a deformation caused by the heat jeopardizing the entire structure;
- Screw the joists onto the lug provided for this purpose to ensure excellent support for your wooden terrace on pedestal. Do not hesitate to recheck the flatness of your terrace foundations. It is indeed possible to increase or decrease the height of the pedestals even after fixing the joists. Do not deprive yourself of it;
- Secure the wooden boards to the joists using wood screws.
Accessories for laying wooden decks on pedestals Jouplast
- 10 mm and 60 mm risers to increase the final height of the pedestal
- The Jouplast waterproofing strip to protect the joists of the terrace
- Blade spacers to obtain regular spacing between boards
- The decking board clamp for perfect alignment of the wooden boards
- The FIXEGO fixing kit to fix the boards invisibly
- Complies with DTU 51.4 and 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 50 to 80 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Adjustable wooden terrace pedestal 50/80 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Use||Wooden slab, Composite slabs|
|Adjustable height||50 to 80 mm|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Anonymous customer published the 01/11/2023 following an order made on 22/10/2023
Thierry M. published the 24/10/2023 following an order made on 08/10/2023
Produit conforme à mes attentes.
JEROME P. published the 10/10/2023 following an order made on 27/09/2023
Pour certains plots, la surface de la base n'est pas plane Livré hors du sac déchiré, dans un carton en vrac
Patrick D. published the 29/09/2023 following an order made on 20/09/2023
Conforme à mes attentes
Morando P. published the 01/07/2023 following an order made on 10/06/2023
conforme à mes attentes
Sylvain D. published the 23/06/2023 following an order made on 11/06/2023
Très bon produits
Bruno L. published the 21/06/2023 following an order made on 23/05/2023
Fidèle à la description
Laurent S. published the 20/06/2023 following an order made on 01/06/2023
Trois platines de plots cassé lors du déballage du caeron