Product successfully added to your shopping cart
Items : 0 Items : 1
Adjustable terrace pedestal from 40 to 60 mm for Jouplast wooden terrace
The joist pedestal is designed to create the foundations of wooden or composite terraces. This joist support, which is manufactured by the French leader Jouplast, is adjustable in height from 40 to 60 mm to adapt perfectly to the constraints of your ground. The installation of a wooden terrace on pedestals is carried out without earthworks or structural work. Thanks to the adjustable wooden terrace pedestal, laying a wooden terrace on a pedestal is quick and easy.
The advantages of Jouplast 40/60 mm wooden terrace pedestals
- Quick and easy to install
- Manual and precise height adjustment thanks to the green nut
- Frost and UV resistant
- Allows air to circulate under the structure
- Allows the passage of cables and pipes
- Withstands more than a ton of load
- Complies with DTU 51.4 and 43.1
Advice for laying a terrace on a wooden or composite pedestal
- The installation is only carried out on a stabilized ground or an existing concrete paving.
- Jouplast wooden terrace pedestals are designed for pedestrian use only.
- The structure of the terrace must be made with natural wood or aluminum joists.
- The structure of your wooden deck cannot be composite
The steps for laying a wooden terrace on pedestals
1/ Ground preparation
The ease of use of the joist pedestal begins with the mandatory preparation of the ground. Except in the case of laying on a concrete paving, the ground must be prepared in order to have a durable, solid and secure construction.
Thanks to its wide circular base of 208 mm, Jouplast's wooden terrace pedestal provides optimal support for the structure, which is stabilized.
No major work is to be expected, the preparation of the ground is simplified, quick and less expensive than with other methods of laying the terrace.
Here is what you need for this preparation:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason's box screed
- A geotextile film
4 steps are enough to prepare your ground to accommodate a wooden terrace on adjustable pedestals:
- Dig the ground for 15 cm;
- Place a geotextile felt on the surface to eradicate the growth of weeds and save you additional maintenance;
- Fill the hole with a 15 cm layer of crushed gravel;
- Compact then make sure everything is level.
2/ Lay the pedestals, joists and decking boards
The biggest advantage of the adjustable joist pedestal is its ease of installation. With the plot, construction can be done in just one weekend! Discover below how to lay a terrace on pedestals:
Determine the location of the pedestals and their spacing.
- Once the layout plan has been drawn up, position the pedestals directly on the ground and adjust them to the necessary height using the adjustment nut for an adjustment to the nearest millimeter;
- Place the joists on the head of the pedestals. The joists must be made of natural wood and not composite. The latter undergoes a deformation caused by the heat. This can put the entire structure at risk;
- Screw the joists to the side tab provided for this purpose to ensure excellent support for your wooden terrace on pedestal;
- Fix the wooden pavings on the joists using wood screws.
Accessories for laying wooden decks on Jouplast pedestals
- 10 mm and 60 mm risers to increase the final height of the pedestal
- The Jouplast waterproofing strip to protect the joists of the terrace
- Board spacers to obtain regular spacing between blades
- The decking board clamp for perfect alignment of the wooden boards
- The FIXEGO fixing kit to fix the slats invisibly
- Complies with DTU 51.4 and 43.1
- Load resistance greater than 1 ton
- Frost and UV resistant
- Flange diameter: 208 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Adjustable height: 40 to 60 mm
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Adjustable wooden terrace pedestal 40/60 mm - ESSENTIEL range - Jouplast
|Warranty||2 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||In compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -30°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 1 ton|
|Use||Wooden deck, Composite decking|
|Adjustable height||1.57 to 2.36 in|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
How do I use the terrace pedestals? What is the difference between a wood pedestal and a slab pedestal? How do you adjust your pedestals to the right height?
Find the answers to your questions on video with tips and tricks from our experts.
Yanick L. published the 20/03/2023 following an order made on 02/03/2023
Marc Jean G. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 10/10/2022
Produit conforme et de bonne qualité
Philippe J. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 08/08/2022
Très bon produit
Adrien V. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 01/08/2022
Produits de bonne qualité
Éric R. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 07/06/2022
Très bonne qualité et prix correct
Mickael M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 07/06/2022
Gérard D. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 02/06/2022
Produit conforme aux attentes
Benjamin B. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 26/05/2022