Adjustable pedestal from 160 to 230 mm for wooden or composite decking - Vérindal
The adjustable pvc pedestal from 160 to 230 mm is a support for joists. This wooden terrace pedestal allows you to create the foundations of your wooden or composite terrace. Stable, it supports your raised terrace for many years. Resistant to a ton of load, it guarantees the maintenance of your wooden construction. Simple, economical and practical, this is the solution for creating your dream terrace.
The advantages of the B150 160/230 mm wooden terrace pedestal from Vérindal
- Head equipped with a strip with 3 holes and allows to fix the joists
- Wooden terrace pedestal equipped with an adjustment ring to adjust the height with millimetric precision
- Pedestal placed on the ground without fixing and ballasted by the weight of the joist
- Joist pedestal allowing good ventilation of the structure
- Compatible with natural wooden boards and composite boards
Advice: make a layout plan
First of all, it is useful to prepare your construction site as it should be. And this requires the realization of a layout plan. This scale sketch of your terrace takes its shape and dimensions. It also contains your wooden terrace pedestals, spaced 50 cm apart, your joists, supported by pvc pedestals every 70 cm and your wooden boards.
The interest of this layout plan is of course to save you precious time while laying your terrace but also to save you money. By thinking carefully about your terrace, you will be able to calculate the precise number of pvc pedestals, joists and wooden boards.
Mandatory step while building a wooden terrace on pedestal, the preparation of the ground is essential for the durability of your construction. Indeed, preparing the ground helps to stabilize it. Stabilizing a surface helps protect you from future hassles related to the passage of time and unfavorable climatic conditions (drought, heavy rain).
So, to keep your wooden terrace on pedestal for as long as possible, follow our advice on site preparation. You'll see, it's quick and easy!
- Dig 15 cm deep over the entire surface of your future terrace;
- Place a geotextile felt over the entire surface to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Cover with crushed gravel;
- Compact everything to obtain a flat and loose surface;
- Check the flatness of the surface with a spirit level.
Of course, if your surface to be covered is an old terrace or a concrete screed, skip this step. Your surface is stable and leveled, you can go directly to laying the wooden terrace pedestals.
Steps for laying a wooden deck with Vérindal+ B150 pedestals
Due to the wooden terrace pedestals, laying your wooden terrace is very simple! Count on a weekend of work to create the terrace of your dreams.
1/ Accessories for laying a wooden deck on a Verindal pedestal
2/ Lay the Vérindal+ pedestals on the ground
- Lay the Vérindal+ B150 pedestals on the ground every 50 cm on the first row. You can thus install joists every 50 cm.
- To support them, step back 70 cm and install a new series of B150 joist pedestals.
- Repeat the operation to the end of the terrace.
- Adjust the height of the pedestals using the adjustment ring. Be sure to leave a slight slope for the flow of rainwater.
3/ Lay the joists
- Place the joists on the head of the wooden terrace pedestals.
- Fix the joists in at least two points via the pierced strip.
4/ Lay the covering
- Lay the wooden slats starting against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards with special decking screws. Note, screw 20 mm from the edge of the board.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Resistant to frost (-20° C) and UV (+ 80° C)
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 160 to 230 mm
- Base diameter: 200 mm
- Head length: 120 mm
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Wooden terrace pedestal adjustable from 160 to 230 mm - B150 - Vérindal
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Adjustable height||160 to 230 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
Sebastien M. published the 15/05/2023 following an order made on 18/04/2023
Gerard B. published the 01/04/2023 following an order made on 06/03/2023
Aurelie M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 05/01/2023
Très bonne qualité ! Utilisé pour ma terrasse !