Pedestal for terrace in wood or composite board adjustable from 90 to 150 mm - YEED (ex Rinno)
Joist pedestal for the construction of wooden terraces. This pvc pedestal is adjustable from 90 to 150 mm to adapt to the constraints of your ground. It favors a solid and secure construction for many years, without major work or heavy equipment.
The advantages of the 90/150 mm wooden terrace pedestal from YEED (formerly Rinno)
- Quick and easy installation, without major works or fixing
- Manual height adjustment thanks to the adjustment ring
- Strip designed for screwing the joist onto the pedestal
- Allows good ventilation of the structure and the evacuation of rainwater
- Base designed to ensure proper drainage of rainwater
- Compatible with wood and composite boards
Prerequisites: draw up the layout plan
To get your project off to a good start, begin by drawing up a layout plan. This is a sketch of your deck. It will allow you to plan and most of all calculate the number of wooden terrace pedestals, joists, wooden boards and screws required.
Before laying the pedestal, it is necessary to prepare the ground. Be careful, there are certainly small works which need to be carried out, but there won't be major works! Preparation is simplified, quick and inexpensive. No concrete slab needs to be poured, the ground just needs to be stable and level.
On a concrete paving or an existing terrace
If your surface is stable and level, such as a concrete paving or an old terrace, then skip this step of preparing the ground.
On a rough ground
1/ Tools and materials needed for ground preparation
A spirit level
A mason box screed
A geotextile film
2/ How to prepare the ground
- Delimit the shape of your terrace using a line and stakes and dig 15 cm deep at this location;
- Lay a geotextile felt to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Backfill with crushed gravel: 0/60 mm over 10 cm and 0/4 mm over the top 5 cm;
- Compact everything to obtain a flat and loose surface;
- Check the flatness of the surface using a spirit level.
Steps for laying a wooden terrace on YEED pedestals (ex Rinno)
1/ Tools and materials needed to lay a wooden deck on YEED pedestals (ex Rinno)
- An angle bracket
- A tape measure
- A spirit level
- A drill driver
- A jigsaw/radial saw
- A hammer
- A large ruler
- A cord
- Your YEED wooden terrace pedestals
- Wooden or aluminum joists
- Decking boards
- Special wooden screws
2/ Accessories for laying a deck on a pedestal
Creating a pleasant wooden terrace is child's play with joist pedestals. To make this project even easier to achieve, equip yourself with these few accessories:
- The joist protection strip to protect your foundations from humidity;
- Plank spacers for an identical distance between your wooden planks;
- The EDMA slat straightener to make your wooden slats straight and thus facilitate their installation;
- The invisible fixing kit to fix the slats without visible screws.
3/ Arrange the pedestals on the ground
- Arrange the wooden terrace pedestals on the ground with a center distance of 50 cm (location of the joists) then lay pedestals every 70 cm to support the joists along the length;
- Adjust the height of the joist pedestals by turning the red adjustment ring clockwise. Create a 1.5% slope for rainwater drainage. This slope is easily achievable thanks to the precise adjustment of the wooden terrace pedestals.
4/ Lay and fix the joists
The joists are fixed to the strips of the wooden terrace pedestals and are of the same essence as your covering. For even more resistance, you can opt for aluminum joists. For the installation:
- Lay the joists against the tongue located on the head of the pedestals;
- Screw the joists onto the pedestals through the tongue;
- Apply the protective strip along the length of the joists;
- Cover the edges of the joist with the protective strip.
5/ Lay the covering boards
- Lay the wood slat covering starting against a wall. Do not forget to offset 5 mm from the wall to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards 20 mm from the edge with special decking screws.
Make the side closure of the terrace
To achieve a completely finished terrace that everyone will envy, think about the side finishes of the latter. This last step is very simple and quick.
Measure the height and make the necessary cutouts;
Place the fascia board horizontally;
Screw the plank into the joist.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Frost and UV resistant
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 90 to 150 mm
- Base diameter: 200 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Strip height: 29 mm
- Recycled and recyclable product
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Adjustable pedestal 90/150 mm for wooden deck - YEED (ex Rinno)
|Warranty||10 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||In compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resisting the acid and basic solutions, the atmospheric agents, the temperatures between -40°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resisting the test of crushing with load superior in 1 ton|
|Brand||YEED (Ex Rinno)|
|Use||Wooden deck, Composite decking|
|Adjustable height||3.54 to 5.91 in|
|Compatibility with extension||No|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
Thierry B. published the 19/01/2023 following an order made on 27/12/2022
Pas encore utilisés mais sont conformes à ce qu'on voulait
Emma E. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 20/10/2022
Alonso José Y. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 28/09/2022
Facile à utiliser
Philippe S. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 06/09/2022
Ca fait le boulot, pratique et solide. On verra sur la durée. Économique et fabriqué en France.
Orazio M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 10/09/2022
Très bonne qualité.
Alain M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 13/08/2022
Régis M. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 04/08/2022
Conforme et facile à régler
Aude C. published the 16/01/2023 following an order made on 26/07/2022