Wooden or composite terrace pedestal adjustable from 8 to 20 mm - YEED (formerly Rinno)
The YEED wooden terrace pedestal is an adjustable pvc pedestal from 8 to 20 mm, ideal for laying the foundations of your terrace in wooden strips or composite. This wooden terrace pedestal accommodates the wooden joists of your terrace. Its low height makes it an ideal foundation support for creating a roof terrace or covering an existing terrace. Due to the wooden pedestals, your terrace takes shape simply and quickly, without any major work.
The advantages of the 8/20 mm wooden terrace pedestal from YEED (formerly Rinno)
- Quick and easy installation, without major works or fixing
- Manual height adjustment due to the adjustment ring
- Strip designed for screwing the joist onto the pedestal
- Allows good ventilation of the structure and the evacuation of rainwater
- Base designed to ensure proper drainage of rainwater
- Compatible with wood and composite blades
Prerequisites: draw up the layout plan
It all begins with the creation of a layout plan. The latter consists of precisely defining the shape and surface of your wooden deck. Once you have defined the exact dimensions of your terrace on pedestals, you will be able to define the number of pedestals, joists and wooden pedestals are necessary for your construction but you will also have an idea on the quantity of screws and other installation accessories.
The 8-20 mm joist pedestal allows you to create a raised terrace to adapt to the constraints of your land. The pedestal necessarily requires a laying of a wooden terrace on soft ground for optimal stability and a reinforced structure.
It is necessary to prepare your ground in order to prolong the life of your wooden terrace on pedestals. This ground preparation shall stabilize your terrace and protect it from external hazards such as drought, heavy rain or the weight supported by your installation.
On a concrete paving or an existing terrace
Only laying on a concrete paving or an old terrace exempts you from preparing the ground. Your surface is flat and stable, so there is no need to prepare the ground. On the other hand, if your ground is rough, follow our tips for preparing the ground.
On rough ground
1/ Tools and materials needed for ground preparation
Few tools are needed to carry out the groundwork preparation. Here is the list of everything you need:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- Tape measure
- Mason box screed
- A geotextile film
- Crushed gravel
- Roller compactor
2/ Accessories for laying a wooden terrace on a YEED pedestal (ex Rinno)
Some accessories are essential for the successful installation of a wooden terrace on pedestals, here they are:
- The joist protection strip to protect your foundations from humidity;
- Plate spacers for perfect spacing between your wooden planks;
- The EDMA slat straightener to make your wooden slats straight and facilitate their installation;
- The invisible fixing kit to fix the slats without visible screws.
3/ Instructions for laying a wooden terrace on pedestals: layout the pedestals
Accessible to all, installing a wooden terrace on pedestals is carried out during a weekend with a simplified installation and at a lower cost.
Begin by placing the wooden terrace pedestals on the ground, respecting the following spacings: every 50 cm, you will find your joists. Support them every 70 cm with a series of joist supports.
Adjust the height of your wooden terrace pedestals by turning the adjustment ring. Be careful, do not forget to leave a slight slope (1.5%) to allow the evacuation of rainwater.
4/ Instructions for laying a wooden terrace on pedestals: Lay and fix the joists
- Lay the joists against the strip located on the head of the pedestals;
- Screw the joists onto the pedestals through the tongue;
- Apply the protective strip along the length of the joists;
- Cover the edges of the joist with the protective strip.
5/ Instructions for laying a wooden deck on pedestals: Lay the wooden boards
- Lay the wooden board by beginning against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards with special decking screws. Note, screw 20 mm from the edge of the board.
You now have to make the side closure of your wooden terrace. To do so, there are only 3 small steps:
- Measure the height and make the necessary cutouts;
- Place the fascia board horizontally;
- Screw the plank into the joist.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Frost and UV resistant
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 8 to 20 mm
- Base diameter: 170 mm
- Head diameter (excluding fin): 13.5 mm
- Strip height: 25 mm with wedge (30 mm without)
- Recycled and recyclable product
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Wooden or composite pedestal 8/20 mm YEED (ex Rinno)
|Warranty||10 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -40°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Brand||YEED (Ex Rinno)|
|Adjustable height||from 8 to 20 mm|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
David M. published the 26/11/2023 following an order made on 19/11/2023
Correspond à mon besoin
REGIS V. published the 29/09/2023 following an order made on 18/09/2023
Nicolas G. published the 21/06/2023 following an order made on 05/06/2023
Edith E. published the 10/06/2023 following an order made on 21/05/2023
Marion H. published the 08/05/2023 following an order made on 27/04/2023
Très bon produit, conforme à sa description.
Fabrice G. published the 01/05/2023 following an order made on 18/04/2023
Rapide ,conforme a mes attentes
Hervé R. published the 01/05/2023 following an order made on 13/04/2023
Reglage hauteur moins fin que sur plots plus hauts
Charles Jean D. published the 29/03/2023 following an order made on 10/03/2023
Plot pas encore en place, mais tout semble conforme aux produits attendus.