Wooden or composite terrace pedestal adjustable from 40 to 60 mm - YEED (formerly Rinno)
This adjustable pedestal from 40 to 60 mm is used to build the foundations of a wooden or composite terrace. Its excellent quality, affordable price and ease of installation make it a must for the construction of wooden terraces on pedestals. Placed directly on the ground, this joist pedestal does not require major work or heavy equipment.
The advantages of the 40/60 mm wooden terrace pedestal from YEED (formerly Rinno)
- Quick and easy installation, without major works or fixing
- Manual height adjustment thanks to the red adjustment ring
- Strip designed for screwing the joist onto the pedestal
- Allows good ventilation of the structure and the evacuation of rainwater
- Base designed to ensure proper drainage of rainwater
- Compatible with wood and composite boards
Prerequisites: draw up the layout plan
The first step of your project is the realization of a layout plan which will allow you to validate the shape and dimensions of your wooden terrace but also and above all to calculate the number of materials such as pedestals, joists, wooden boards, screws… This step will make it much easier for you to set up your project.
Goodbye major works! With the Rinno joist pedestal, your terrace is built in no time. Adjustable, stable and resistant, the wooden terrace pedestal is a solid base for your terrace but requires preparation of the ground upstream for optimal stability and longevity.
On a concrete paving or an existing terrace
Is your terrace taking shape on a concrete screed or an existing terrace? Skip the site preparation stage, your surface is already stable and level.
On a rough ground
For a terrace installation on any other type of surface, it is essential to stabilize the ground to prevent your wooden terrace from moving over the years.
1/ Tools and materials needed for ground preparation
Ground preparation requires very few tools. Here is the necessary list:
- A cord
- A spirit level
- A shovel
- A tape measure
- A mason box screed
- A geotextile film
- Crushed gravel
- Roller compactor
2/ How to prepare the ground
- Define the shape of your terrace and dig 15 cm deep;
- Lay a geotextile felt to prevent the growth of weeds between the wooden boards;
- Backfill with crushed gravel: 0/60 mm over 10 cm and 0/4 mm over the top 5 cm;
- Compact everything to obtain a flat and loose surface;
- Check the flatness of the surface using a spirit level.
Steps for laying a wooden terrace on YEED pedestals (ex Rinno)
Now that your ground is stable, it's time to build your wooden deck!
1/ Tools and materials needed to lay a wooden deck on YEED pedestals (ex Rinno)
- A bracket
- A tape measure
- A spirit level
- A drill driver
- A jigsaw/radial saw
- A hammer
- A large ruler
- A cord
- Your YEED wooden terrace pedestals
- Wooden or aluminum joists
- decking boards
- Special wooden screws
2/ Accessories for laying a deck on a pedestal
Building a wooden terrace on pedestals is simple and quick, in one weekend, your wooden terrace on joist pedestals is operational. To help you, here is a list of some accessories:
3/ Arrange the pedestals on the ground
- Arrange the wooden terrace pedestals on the ground with a first row every 50 cm (location of the joists) then lay PVC pedestals every 70 cm to support the joists over their entire length;
- Adjust the height of the joist pedestals by turning the red adjustment ring clockwise. Leave a slope of 1.5% for the evacuation of rainwater.
4/ Lay and fix the joists
The joists are attached to the strips of the wooden terrace pedestals and are coordinated with your terrace boards. For a softwood deck, opt for joists of the same variety. For an exotic wood deck, choose exo joists and for a composite deck, composite joists. You can opt for aluminum joists if you want.
- Lay the joists against the tongue located on the head of the pedestals;
- Screw the joists onto the pedestals through the strip;
- Apply the protective strip along the length of the joists;
- Cover the edges of the joist with the protective strip.
5/ Lay the covering boards
- Lay the wooden board covering starting against a wall. Shift 5 mm to obtain the expansion joint;
- Place the boards perpendicular to the joists;
- Screw the boards 20 mm from the edge with special decking screws.
Carry out the side finishes of the terrace
To make the side closure of your wooden terrace, there are only 3 small steps:
- Measure the height and make the necessary cutouts;
- Place the fascia board horizontally;
- Screw the plank into the joist.
- Complies with DTU 43.1 and 51.4
- Frost and UV resistant
- Supports up to 1 ton of load
- Height adjustable from 40 to 60 mm
- Base diameter: 200 mm
- Head diameter: 120 mm
- Strip height: 29 mm
- Recycled and recyclable product
- Made in France
The installation of a terrace on a pedestal is the easiest and quickest method to set up: follow the assembly steps and build your terrace in less than 3 days!
step 1Determine the required spacing, place the pedestals on the ground, adjust them and check everything with a spirit level.
step 2As soon as the installation is level, place the joists in front of the pin located on the head of the pedestals.
step 3Then screw the joists onto the pin of the stud provided for this purpose. This allows for good maintenance.
step 4Finally, attach the wooden slats to the joists using a screwdriver and wood screws.
Adjustable pedestal 40/60 mm for wooden deck - YEED (ex Rinno)
|Warranty||10 years warranty|
|Origin||Manufactured in France|
|Conformity||Compliance with the DTU 43.1 and 51.4|
|Resistance||Resistant to acid and basic solutions, atmospheric agents, temperatures between -40°C and 60°C|
|Load||Resists the test of crushing with a load superior in 1 ton|
|Brand||YEED (Ex Rinno)|
|Use||Wooden slab, Composite slabs|
|Adjustable height||40 to 60 mm|
|Compatibility with extension||No|
|Country of Origin||UE|
Find all the documents that will be useful to you for the realization of your projects
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
David M. published the 26/11/2023 following an order made on 19/11/2023
Correspond à mon besoin
Olivier L. published the 26/11/2023 following an order made on 14/11/2023
bon produit , tres bon rapport qualité/prix
ALEXANDRE M. published the 31/10/2023 following an order made on 12/10/2023
Didier M. published the 16/10/2023 following an order made on 02/10/2023
Patrick P. published the 13/06/2023 following an order made on 02/06/2023
Pas encore mis en place
Eric D. published the 13/06/2023 following an order made on 31/05/2023
Un seul tout petit bémol, sur 18 plots commandés, un ne correspondait pas à ma commande. Rien de grave, j'en avait commandé 2 en surplus au cas où...
Ali Mohamed M. published the 07/06/2023 following an order made on 22/05/2023
Marion H. published the 08/05/2023 following an order made on 27/04/2023
Très bon produit, conforme à sa description.